Monday, August 2, 2010

art can't beat the heat





One hot summer! during my trip to cape may last week, tried to do some open air painting. Found a spot on Washington street, unloaded my field easel and realized I did not pack my little umbrella that attaches to the easel.
Okay, I have my cap to protect me from the hot sun but not the glare off the white canvas. I'll rough it. After about 15 minutes, the heat was becoming intolerable, I was on the street, I could see the heat waves rising off the pavement.
Time to quit, the party was over, it's time to go to the beach. packed everything into the Subaru, stopped at Hot Dog Tommy's, ordered 4 dogs and a large cold drink, went back to the hotel, put everything in the basket on my bicycle and peddled to the beach.
joined my wife under the beach umbrella, had our lunch early, relaxed at the beach for the rest of the day.
Art can't beat that.

posted from my iPhone.

No comments: